Dr. Frank Smoll is a Professor of Sports Psychology at the University of Washington. He has spent more than 20 years conducting research on coaching behaviors and how they affect athletes.
Dr. Smoll presents scientifically validated coaching techniques that have the following effects:
- Teaches coaches how to foster positive coach-athlete relations and greater mutual respect.
- Increases the amount of fun that athletes experience.
- Creates greater team cohesion.
- Improves athletes' performance and increases self-esteem.
- Reduces athletes' fear of failure and performance-destroying anxiety.
- Significantly reduces dropout rates in youth sports programs.